That is seriously the question! Here are a few updates:
- Officially said goodbye to being an MS2! Yay! That is definitely the most important update of all lol! Second year was pretty challenging, but I am grateful for the many ways that I was stretched this year. I pray that I can continue to hold onto my various experiences as I transition into my clinical years.
- My blog is two years old! I had no clue that I would continue to blog once I began medical school, but I am so glad that I did. It has been such a therapeutic experience for me, and I love the conversations that I have been able to have with you all! I am so appreciative.
- I am officially studying for USMLE Step 1! Crazy right? No? Yeah, I don’t think it’s too crazy either. I mean, the days are pretty long, but I enjoy not having to travel across town for afternoon sessions (Yes, I am #teampodcasters). Additionally, I have been able to work out more, and plan to start a kick boxing class soon!
Just a heads up: While I study for Step 1, my blog page and twitter account will be placed on the back burner. In the interim, here are a few well wishes I’d like to share with you all:
- Current accepted students: Congrats on being admitted, and please know that I am proud of you. If you have multiple acceptances, this is the perfect time to gauge what factors are important to you. Would you like to be near your support system? Does the school have a curriculum that addresses healthcare disparities, and stands behind cultural humility? Is the class and faculty diverse (from both an ethnic and socioeconomic standpoint?) Can you see yourself happy there for the next 4-8 years?
- Current applicants: Be patient, and try not to let the application cycle wear on you too much. I know it’s a particularly challenging time, but take a few moments to do activities that you once loved!
- Friends and family: I wish you the absolute best with all of your endeavors! I have been following so many of your stories, and to be honest I am so inspired by you all, and thoroughly impressed. Additionally, thank you for all of your support thus far, you have definitely kept me together.
If you have any questions, or just want to send me well-wishes, feel free to post them here or DM me, and I will do my best to respond to you within the next 5 weeks. Please continue to send positive vibes, and thank you for rocking with me thus far!
Stay positive beauties and gents,